Saturday, October 11, 2008

Shopping. Eww.

As you may know, I don't really like shopping. At all. But this evening my mom and I went to Sunvalley Mall and got me shoes fromVANS!!!! Now, this is actually quite exciting for me because I've never had Vans before. I'm not what you might call "into fashion", plus the fact that I don't like shopping is kinda the reason I've never had them before. And I'm also excited because I REALLY REALLY REALLY needed new shoes. I basically have one pair of shoes that I can wear to school for PE, and those are my very comfortable but quite ugly running shoes. I mean, if my math teacher found out how many shoes I own and actually wear, I think she'd die of shock. My math teacher, Mrs. Moser, told us that she has more than 70 pairs of shoes in all. She is just about CRAZY!! I mean who needs that many shoes?! I probably never had that many shoes in my life!!! But it's ironic because those of you who know Mrs. Moser have seen for yourself that she doesn't have *cough cough* the greatest taste in clothes and such. So it's funny how she is so into shopping and shoes and stuff. Oh, and my math teacher also has more than 20 pairs of glasses. Not THAT is undeniably one of the most insane things I've ever heard in my life. COME ON how many people really truly CARE if your eyeglasses match your outfits?!

Wow, I got WAY off track! Anyways another exciting thing happened while I was in the Vans store. I say a woman in there that had a plastic shopping bag that was green and said PAPAYA on it!!!! I seriously flipped out when I saw that!!! Well, not really, but inside I was really excited. See, my friends and I - well, me and a couple of my friends - give names to the boys we have crushes on. Usually the nicknames are fruits. The guy I currently like we named PAPAYA so I was ecstatic to see that shopping bag! So after we left the store I went over to the map thing to see if it was a restaurant or a clothes store or what. Because I don't go to the mall enough to know the stores in it! It turns out that it's a women's clothes store, so I was disappointed. I mean I didn't really wanna go clothes shopping (plus who would name a clothes store Papaya? And who would shop at a store called that? Of course, who would nickname the guy they like Papaya. That's the real mystery right there) but if it had been a restaurant or something we could've bought something random just for the bag. Then I would've submitted to actually bringing my PE clothes in a bag so that I could bring that bag to school so that all my friends that actually got the joke could laugh with me! But maybe I should start bringing my PE clothes in a bag anyway like everybody else. I've never done it before 1) because I'm too lazy to bring an extra bag to school along with my backpack,  2) because I don't have a locker to put it in ( I probably could've gotten one but I've never had one before because I thought I'd forget all of my stuff in it) and 3) because I'd probably leave it in one of my classes. Yeah, I don't think I'll start bringing my PE clothes in a bag unless one of my friends lets me use their locker.... Wow I how do I keep getting really side-tracked on my blog?

So ta ta for now!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAA! I've seen those bags before!! COOL! Maybe my mom has one and we can give it to you! AAAA!! Vans?? What do they look like?? I'm SO excited to see them!!

Anonymous said...

i'm so proud of myself i'm taking the time to check your blog... :*) whoa mrs moser has THAT many shoes?! i only remember her wearing crocs. ...no offense mrs moser... and just so you know the store papaya is over by where aeropostale is, to the right. i noticed that today aren't you so proud?! i've never been in there though but i see people carrying around those bags. <:3 )~

Anonymous said...

ok for some reason my user name didn't turn out right >_< so fyi that's not what it's supposed to be. it's a mouse. LOL

Anonymous said...

yay!! emma blogged!!! i can't wait to see ur new vans!!!! when we do the where's waldo thing in the mall 4 yw, u can be on my team cuz i no my way pretty good around the mall!!! i like shopping ok, but i like going places w/ my friends. i feel weird shopping w/ my mom. dont tell her i said that! hey!!! i found out how to write, not say, a couple different things in GREEK!! so when we sign those christmas cards 4 the missionaries, im gonna write some things in greek and french to eric!!
ik houd van u!!! that means i love you in dutch!!!!

AnnaDee said...

getting side tracked is part of the magic, emma-enna.
uh, i hate to be a nudge, but..are you done with the unicorn book i lent you? i have knew bout our fave dragon writer- email me!

~Lara from the Sahara said...

ROTFL!!! i feel the same way about shopping believe it or not. :] luv ya ems. <3

Anonymous said...

hey! i am sooo excited that you finally updated it! i check it every once in a while, so u can imagine how excited i was. i had kinda given up hope for a while there... anyway, i am so excited for your new vans!!! it sounds amazing! speaking of which, i REALLY need new converse. i was babysitting this kid and he tried them on and i was kinda like oh thats gross cuz my shoes r so old. and i really wanna know who papaya is! AHHH!!!! i am really hyper cuz i have been eating a lot of halloween candy. (btw, i need my pillow cases back from all of u eventually.) TA TA FOR NOW! AND KEEP BLOGGING!!!

oh and i almost forgot: i think about 1/2 of mrs. moser's shoes r crocs, so that really doesnt count.

Anonymous said...

I just felt like saying more cuz i am bored. hey, 12 hours ago it was 10:00! or something like that. daylight savings time is confusing. so speaking of papaya, madeline is in the process of guessing who "smack stick" (looong story, better nick name coming soon, hopefully) because she made me guess who lime was and then lied with the clues, grrr. i just told other ppl, and i can tell u too, but i am being mean and making her guess. so i hope whatever you did was worth missing the sleepover on friday cuz it was really fun. hasta la vista (oh no, now i have to start singing. hasta la vista! im a gonna say goodby to you! whatever happens ill be cool with you!.... i know more but that would go on for a while.)